2. If you wish to inquire/book with MainEventTravel.com, we ask for some personal details in order to create your account. These details include your name, address, email & telephone number. For flight bookings, we may require further personal data dependant on the airlines' requirements. This data is held securely within our own servers, secured devices and with DropBox, our GDPR compliant cloud hosting partner. Any data sent to a supplier is encrypted through either their secure API and through secure email.
3. As part of our service and to assist you with future events, we do like send out marketing emails to promote upcoming events. These emails are produced by us and at no time is your data passed to any other company for marketing purposes. When you open your account you can choose to opt-in to receive these emails and at any time in the future, you can change this setting from within your account or directly from the emails we send.
4. We only pass the minimum amount of your personal details required to hotels and airlines in order to make your reservations. if you have indicated that you would like to receive further information from them. If you would like to revise the information provided to us or feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, or you wish all your data removed from our database (with the right to be forgotten) you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. We may from time to time ask you for further information in order to update our records or for particular purposes. We will always tell you how we will use any further information received from you.
6. Every time someone visits our web site a log file is generated. This contains information such as the user's IP (Internet Protocol) address, how long that user spent on the site and which parts of it they looked at. We collect this information to help us diagnose problems and administer our systems, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site (e.g. what part of the world users are connecting from, or what ISPs are being used).
7. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that you remain anonymous even though we include your IP address in our aggregate information.
Use and disclosure of personal information
10. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence within our secure email system, but we do not re-use your data for any other purpose or pass to any other company unless a travel booking is made.
11. If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so. Similarly, we will disclose your personal data as part of a transaction whereby our company or business assets are transferred to a third party or if we are compelled to do so by law.
12. We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end, all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
13. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
14. Also, remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Surveys, Competitions and Promotions
15. From time to time we conduct surveys, competitions and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is entirely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required. This information is always clearly stated in the promotion.
16. You have the option to receive various email services we offer when you open an account and in this regard, our default settings are for your NOT to receive these emails, but you always have the choice to opt back in from within your account.
17. If you have an active account then from time to time we need to send you site, potential security and service announcement updates.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
18. If your personal information changes or if you no longer wish to subscribe, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us as speedily as possible.
Email - email@example.com
Phone - +44 (0) 1770 280000
Postal - Main Event Travel.com Limited
29 South Harbour Street